An 18-month-old girl with Down syndrome and congenital heart disease. Born premature at 33 weeks to a 36-year-old mother. (Peru)
- Failure to thrive – underweight
- No walking or crawling
- No speech or babbling
- Recurrent colds/aspiration pneumonia
- Fussy, stranger anxiety, no eye contact, picky eater
3 months later: The child gained 3 pounds, eating better; started crawling and standing up on walker; babbling much, saying mama and a few other words; more alert, smiles, goes to grandmother, complexion rosy; no colds
or any acute illnesses. The child continues to improve with further
homeopathic treatment 2 years after the initial treatment.
18-year-old young man with autism, mental retardation, gross motor and
fine motor neurological deficits since premature birth at 31 weeks to a 30-year-old mom. (Peru).
- Fine motor and gross motor impairment – stiff walking, difficulty writing
- Insomnia – severe with waking every hour and restless wandering
- Sensitivity to noise/loud vocalizations/sudden screaming outbursts
- Learning impairment – talking in short sentences, minimal reading
- Stranger anxiety
Baryta carbonica XM given dry by mouth, one dose.
3 months later: Insomnia improved greatly – sleeps 6-8 hours most nights. Walking more fluid, writing improved. Sudden screaming, covering ears improved about 75%. Rides bus to school with mom. Talking more, stronger vocabulary, reading improved per school report. Crowds of strangers-much more tolerant. Continued improvement with homeopathic treatment two years after the initial treatment.